Linen pants are a popular addition to summer wardrobes due to their breathable and skin-friendly fabric. More and more people choose to wear linen pants, so how to wash linen pants? What are the precautions in the process of washing linen pants? Are linen pants machine washable? Next, I will answer them one by one for you.
How To Wash Linen Pants With Washing Mashine
Check the label for washing instructions before washing linen pants. In addition, when washing linen pants, you should pay attention to the following points.
- Always wash linen pants on the gentle cycle of the machine. Use the maximum water level provided by the washing machine to ensure that the linen pants can swing freely in the washing machine drum.
- Don’t crowd the washer with too many clothes at once. This may distort or deform the linen pants.
- Make sure that any other clothes in the washer are similar to your linens in color, weight, and washing instructions.
- Linen pants must be washed in cold water – never in hot water. Linen will shrink if you wash it in hot water (over 40C is not recommended). If you buy linen that hasn’t been prewashed, it should shrink after the first wash, no matter what temperature you use.
How To Wash Linen Pants With Hands
- When washing linen trousers, please wash them by hand as much as possible, and use cold water, as the water temperature will shrink if the water temperature is too high.
- The detergent used during washing must be neutral detergent, preferably laundry detergent.
- Try not to dehydrate after washing. Dehydration is the main reason for shrinkage.
- Do not rub hard when washing, soak first, and then rub gently. Excessive friction not only easily causes the clothes to shrink, but also tends to fluff, which will affect its service life.
How To Dry Linen Pants
After washing, smooth the linen pants before drying, place them on a clean flat surface, and dry them in a cool and ventilated place, otherwise they will wrinkle easily. If you want to dry linen pants quickly, to avoid stretching and deformation of the linen pants due to the whole hanging, you can use multiple hangers to dry the linen pants, or you can use a fan to dry them.