Before buying, you need to ask the clerk about the hemp content and cleaning methods of some special linen dresses.
Table of content
Timing Method Of Washing Machine:
1. When we use the washing machine, we should arrange the time so as to avoid waste of water and electricity. In addition, linen dress had better not be washed too long.
2. Rotate the washing machine timing switch with even force. Do not use excessive force to avoid damage to internal mechanism;
3. When the time switch of the washing machine is at zero or full stroke, do not twist it back and forth to avoid damaging the plastic positioning gear;
4. Although the time switch of the washing machine has the function of forced reversal, unnecessary reversal should be avoided as far as possible in use to avoid damage to the machine parts or reduce the service life.
Check The Tag
Before you washing your linen clothes，you should check the tag carefully. There are some tips on the tag.
1. Washing mark: the basin with wavy line is the basic washing symbol, and inserting a hand means that it can be washed by hand.
2. Ironing sign: The iron graphic indicates ironing, and the cross above indicates that ironing is not allowed.
3. Dry cleaning mark: there is a P in the circle, indicating that it can be dry cleaned; The triangle with a fork indicates that chlorine bleaching is not allowed, and the circle with a fork indicates that dry cleaning is not allowed.
4. Drying sign: the vertical line indicates that it can be hung for natural drying, and the horizontal line indicates that it can be laid flat for drying.
When you wash clothes, you had better consider color. Wash dark and light colors separately, because sometimes some fabrics will decolor, so that light colored clothes will be dyed. Try to find clothes with the same color system to wash clothes with the same fabric
How To Care For Linen Dress
1. Cold water washing: Linen clothes must be washed in cold water instead of warm water, because the color fastness of linen dress is low and the water temperature is too high, which may lead to fading.
2. Don’t rub hard: When washing cotton and linen dress, first wash the serious stains on the clothes by gently rubbing, then gently rub and rinse the clothes as a whole.
3. Use neutral detergent: use neutral detergent or laundry detergent when cleaning linen clothes. It is not recommended to use detergent. Because the detergent contains a high amount of alkali, it is easy to cause the flax clothes to fade.
4. Pickling after cleaning: After cleaning linen clothes, you can acid them to make the color of linen clothes more fixed. The method of passing acid: add 5% white vinegar into the water, put the linen dress in, and soak for about 2 minutes.
5. Stretching clothes: After washing, the linen dress should be straightened before airing, otherwise it is easy to wrinkle
6. Do not hang in the sun: put the clothes on a clean and flat surface, and ventilate and dry them in a cool place.
Cleaning Linen Dress
Linen dress can be washed by hand or machine. Generally, newly bought linen dress feel hard. Before cleaning, you can soak it in water filled with softener, and then wash the clothes. Although the flax has high toughness, you should pay attention to the strength when cleaning, because this kind of cloth has poor elasticity, and it simply wrinkles after drying, which affects the appearance of the clothes. Because different clothes are arranged in different ways, it is good to check the cleaning requirements on the clothing tag before cleaning.
We shouldn’t dry linen dress. Because it is easy to wrinkle. Linen is a natural fiber, which is full of toughness, but has no elasticity. Other fabrics will slowly return to their original shape after deformation, but flax cannot do it. Once deformed, it will only wrinkle. So, first you need read the following instructions of the washing machine before use, and see if there are any special requirements for clothes. If not, you can use the washing machine to dry it. Secondly, you also can let the linen dress dry naturally, which is the easiest and most convenient way to dry linen dress.
Iron Inside Out
Linen dress can be ironed. You need iron them inside out.
If the linen shirt is wrinkled after cleaning, you can use a steam iron or a hanging iron to iron it. It is better to choose the hanging ironing type, which is convenient to use, and has the best effect after ironing, and will not make people feel particularly tired. The main skill to master when ironing linen clothing is temperature.
The highest safe ironing temperature of flax is about 450 ℉ (232 ℃), which will not produce static electricity and pilling. Hemp fabrics are characterized by no shedding of down because they do not contain very short fibers. Linen is washable and can also be dry cleaned. However, sometimes it is mandatory to dry clean the fabric because it needs finishing or the structure of the product.
How To Treat Stains For Linen Dress:
1. Collar and cuffs: soak the clothes in warm water with washing powder for 15-20 minutes before normal washing.
2. Yellowing white socks: soak them in detergent solution for 30 minutes, and then wash them normally.
3. Milk stains: pre treat the stains with washing powder for normal washing. If the milk stains are stubborn, you may need to use bleach that is harmless to clothes.
4. Ordinary oil stain: pre treat with strong detergent for normal washing; If allowed, stubborn stains can also be bleached with bleach.
1. White vinegar, when there is only a little grass stain on the clothes, it can be removed with white vinegar. When you find grass stains on your clothes, quickly take off your clothes, quickly brush those grass stains with a brush dipped in white vinegar, clean them and dry them as usual.
2. Alcohol, find some medical alcohol, and apply more on the grass stains. After a few minutes, apply some more. After ten minutes, use a brush to brush for several times.
3. Salt water. In fact, it is better to apply salt directly when soaking in salt water. Wet the clothes, add water to the salt and make it into a paste. Rub it directly on the grass stains for several times, and wait a few minutes to apply some and rub it again for several times.
4. Color bleach or bleach, if it is pure white linen dress, use bleach. If it is color clothes, soak them with color bleach and then wash them with white vinegar, which can basically be cleaned residue.
Shiny Iron Spot：Treatment Steps Of Iron Spots
First, place your linen bath towel/clothes on a flat, sturdy surface that is free from stains.
Secondly, put a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and two tablespoons of sea salt into a small bowl and mix them until they are smooth, and the consistency should be about the same as butter.
Then, carefully stick the lemon sea salt mixture to the place where the linen fabric has rust spots, and leave it for half an hour. If the weight of the mixture is not enough to cover the entire rust stain, then mix more with the same proportion.
Finally, rinse it off with cold water after standing for 30 minutes. If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps until the rust stain completely disappears. You may need to repeat this step several times when the rust completely disappears.
Storing：Precautions For Storing Linen Dress
1. Choose neutral washing products, gently knead and wash, do not scrub, brush or twist vigorously.
2. In the final rinsing process, some softeners can be added to supplement the softeners lost in the washing process, so as to maintain the soft feeling and reduce the wrinkles of linen dress.
3. Do not expose to the sun for a long time to avoid dye fading and flax yellow.
4. During storage, it shall be stored in a dry place to prevent moisture and mildew.
When You Wearing Linen Dress, You Will Feel The Followings:
The heat dissipation performance of flax is 5 times that of wool and 19 times that of silk. In hot weather, wearing flax clothing can make the skin surface temperature 3-4 ℃ lower than wearing silk and cotton clothing.
Linen cloth can absorb 20% of the water equivalent to its own weight, and release the absorbed water quickly. No amount of sweat can keep it dry.
3. Reduce perspiration
Helps maintain electrolyte balance in the body. Research shows that linen clothing can reduce the amount of human sweat by 1.5 times than wearing cotton clothing.
4. Radiation protection
Wearing a pair of linen pants can greatly reduce the effects of radiation, such as the decrease in the number of male sperm caused by radiation;.
Only 10% flax in the blended fabric is enough to play an antistatic role. It can effectively reduce people’s restlessness, headache, chest tightness, and dyspnea caused by static electricity
6. Bacterial inhibition
Flax has a good effect of inhibiting bacteria and fungi, which can effectively prevent some diseases. According to the research of Japanese researchers, linen sheets can prevent bedsores from growing in patients who have been in bed for a long time, and linen clothing can help prevent and treat some skin, such as common skin rashes and chronic eczema
7. Allergy prevention
For people with skin allergies, linen clothing is undoubtedly a blessing, because linen fabric will not cause allergic reactions, but help to treat some allergic diseases. Linen can reduce inflammation and prevent fever.
No matter what the material of clothing is, it needs our careful care. Therefore, carefully check the labels on the clothes and some other precautions to prevent the clothes from being destroyed without wearing them several times. As long as you follow the cleaning requirements on the tag, you can ensure that everything is safe.
How to wash linen clothes in washing machine？
Linen clothes may look delicate, but many are surprisingly durable. However, you should always check the manufacturer’s care label and consider any special instructions before cleaning your linen garment. Use the gentle machine cycle and a mild detergent to protect the fibres. Again, read the individual manufacturer’s care instructions to be sure.
How to dry linen clothes？
Just feel free to machine dry your linen clothes or textile, as long as you stick to low temperatures. Remove from the dryer when still slightly damp to avoid the linen becoming stiff, and hang or lie flat to finish off the drying process.
How to wash linen clothes without shrinking？
Step 1: Check fabric care labels before you buy & before doing laundry
The first step to preventing your clothes from shrinking is to follow the laundry instructions on your garment’s care tag. Check the care tag not only before laundering, but also before purchasing new clothing so you know what to expect.
Checking the care tag for fabric type can give you an idea if the garment is prone to shrinking, such as cotton or linen, or if garments are already “pre-shrunk.” Some garments may be deemed as “dry clean only” and shouldn’t be cleaned in a washer. In addition, be mindful to pay attention to the recommended water temperature, laundry cycle and drying instructions. As a general rule, washing clothes in cold, gentle cycles with low-heat drying can help prevent your garments from shrinking.
Step 2: Use cold water and the proper wash cycles
If you only remember one rule about how to avoid shrinking clothes, remember this: keep it cool. Clothes are much more likely to shrink when exposed to hot water or high dryer settings.
Washing clothes in cold water goes a long way toward preserving the “off-the-rack” size. Avoiding heavy duty cycles, fast spins and high-heat drying can also prevent shrinkage. Use delicate cycles instead, and place delicate clothes in a mesh laundry bag for added protection. When drying, consider a low-heat or air dry setting. When in doubt, always follow the instructions on your garment’s care tag.
Step 3: Select the tumble dry or air dry setting
Drying your clothing on a tumble dry or air dry setting can help keep clothes from shrinking by minimizing wear to the fabric fibers. Your clothing’s care tag will provide the optimal temperature and dryer settings to help avoid shrinkage.
What temperature to wash linen clothes？
If you want to wash linen clothes, actually the low temperature is more suitable for washing linen dresses. Because linen becomes softer and more absorbent after each wash, which is pretty neat. So we had better wash linen clothes on low temperatures in lukewarm or cold, and preferably soft, water.
How to wash linen pants？
As a general rule, linen pants can be machine laundered on the delicate or short cycle with a cold water wash and rinse. On the other hand, you will extend the life of the fabric if you hand-wash your linen clothing in cold water. Steer clear of harsh laundry detergents when washing linen clothes. Buy a mild detergent formulated for delicate fabrics. Always remember to separate your whites and colors—new linen dyes tend to bleed in the wash.